Membership Terms & Conditions
All users of our gyms must have had an induction at that venue prior to use.
PAYING FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP
1. With your agreement a Direct Debit can be set up with your bank to automatically take monthly payments. The payments will come out of your bank on the 1st day of every month.
2. Members choosing to pay by direct debit will pay their pro-rata in advance. The pro-rata payment covers the cost of your membership until your direct debit is set up.
3. A last month payment will be taken with the first direct debit payment. This is so that when you cancel your membership you can continue to use the centre whilst we close your account with us.
4. If a direct debit is returned by your bank unpaid, we have the rights under BACS regulations to re-present a request for the payment within one month of the original charge.
5. If two or more monthly payments are missed your membership will be returned to a Pay As You Go.
Paid in Full
6. Annual renewal memberships are paid in full at the start of the 12 month period and priced allowing a reduction on the standard monthly charge.
7. 10 day, 15 day or one month passes are available and the days run consecutively from the date of purchase
Reduced Cost Memberships
8. Certain memberships are available at a reduced cost1 to individuals meeting the stated eligibility criteria for that membership.
9. Evidence supporting the eligibility, as specified in the application process, must be provided within 7 calendar days of the application for your membership to become fully active.
10. Until your evidence has been accepted and your membership fully activated, you will be allowed to undertake the activities covered by your membership but will not be allowed certain services such as online booking or automatic entry through access controls.
11. Failure to provide the supporting evidence within the required period will result in your membership terminating with no refund being made by Lincs Inspire Ltd for any payments made by yourself in the process of application.
12. Supporting evidence accepted will be considered proof of eligibility for a period of 6-12 months, from the date of application, depending on the membership category if you keep up the contracted payments continuously during that time.
13. After the stated period of continuous membership, you will be required to re-submit evidence supporting eligibility. Failure to resubmit acceptable evidence will result in your membership being upgraded to pay the full cost.
14. Resubmitting evidence, as set out above, will not apply to those members who have successfully applied for a senior membership which is available to those over age 65 at application.
15. Monthly charges and the associated annual charge vary according to membership type.
16. Where memberships are subject to age restrictions (i.e., Junior, Family Child, etc.) it is the individual member’s responsibility to upgrade their membership, or membership package, when the age limit has been breached.
17. Full details of the available reduced cost memberships, along with the supporting evidence required for each, can be found via our website
18. Price reviews are undertaken each financial year and we will provide at least 14 days’ notice of any price change.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
19. A 10 day money back guarantee is offered to all new members. All monies paid in respect to memberships will be refunded in full should you for any reason wish to terminate this agreement within 10 days of joining. All refunds are paid by bank transfer.
MEMBERSHIP HOLIDAYS – FREEZING MEMBERSHIP
20. As a benefit to being on the Lincs Inspire membership, we offer the opportunity for members to temporarily suspend or `freeze` your membership in the event of prolonged absence such as extended holiday, working away or serious illness / injury.
21. During a Freeze you will not pay your normal monthly fee but instead pay a charge of £5 per month and not be allowed free access to activities.
22. This freeze is only available to our direct debit members and to activate this benefit, please contact your Home Club. At the end of the frozen period your monthly direct debit will revert back to the appropriate fee. The freeze must be requested and actioned prior to the 18th of the month in order amend the following months direct debit.
23. SWIMMING LESSONS: unfortunately we are unable to offer the freeze service on swimming lesson Direct Debits memberships due to place allocation and commitment.
24. It may be necessary to undertake essential maintenance to the facility and its equipment at any time. Where we have to alter hours of business or change activity programmes, every attempt will be made to provide advance notice and to minimise disruption and inconvenience.
CHANGE OF DETAILS
25. Should your personal details change, please notify us immediately. As a valued member we would like to ensure you get all the benefits to which you are entitled, so please let us know if you change your name, address, telephone numbers or email address and we will amend your details accordingly.
ONLINE SERVICES COMMUNICATIONS
27. You should be aware that customers who sign up for our Online Services via www.lincsinspire.com agree to us recording their personal details (including email) to deliver this service. When you use Online Services you will receive email notifications regarding your online transactions (i.e. booking confirmations). If you withdraw your consent for the use of your email, by doing you will no longer be able to use our Online Services.
DATA PROTECTION / PRIVACY NOTICE
28. Lincs Inspire Limited collects and processes your personal data for the purpose of delivery of leisure services. We process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation, for further details about the processing of your personal data please see the Full Privacy Notice available on our website at www.lincsinspire.com.
PROGRAMMED AND BOOKABLE ACTIVITIES
29. Subscription members can book 7 days in advance. Subscription members must ensure they cancel a booking no less than 3 hours before the session start time to avoid a strike against the membership. A strike is issued when a member:
a). Makes a late cancellation - a late cancellation is when a member cancels their booking within three hours of the session start time. A late cancellation makes it harder for us to offer a vacant slot to other customers.
b). Does not attend their activity
Three incidents of non-attendance or late cancellation, within a 30-day period, will result in a strike against the membership account resulting in a 7-day ban on bookings.
These strikes can be viewed in the online membership account.
We understand that there will be rare occasions where a customer misses a booking and cannot contact us in advance and when an emergency arises it is not always possible to cancel a booking. Members can contact us to discuss these incidents.
30. Our users are advised to consult with a medical practitioner/GP before commencing any new fitness regime. You should cease activity immediately and seek medical advice if you experience any discomfort or pain.
By performing any of the Lincs Inspire Virtual Fitness classes, you are participating at your own risk. Lincs Inspire will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of our online fitness content.
Before commencing your class:
a). Ensure the area around you is clear and safe - you should have a clear floor area, no overhanging lights, or sharp edges of furniture
b). Wear appropriate clothing for the activity
c). Children and pets should be away from your activity area
d). If you are feeling unwell at any time during the class, please stop immediately
e). Ensure your room is well ventilated
31. We expect our members to behave in a considerate manner and will not accept any aggressive behaviour towards other members or our colleagues. We reserve the right to refuse admission for members behaving in such a manner.
32. All members are required to present their membership card on each visit to the facility. The card remains the property of Lincs Inspire Ltd. In the event that you lose your card, a replacement will be made available at a nominal charge.
33. The membership card may only be used by the person to whom it has been issued and subject to the terms and conditions associated with that particular membership type.
34. Anyone found using a Lincs Inspire card not rightfully issued to them to obtain services or activities they are not entitled to will be refused admission and may be subject to charges. In such cases the card will be retained at the Club and the rightful holder informed of the situation.
35. Several occurrences of a particular card being used fraudulently to obtain services will result in that membership being cancelled immediately with subsequent loss of any already paid for days including the month in hand.
36. As a member you are entitled to use any of the Lincs Inspire facilities most of which have free car parking attached. However, Cleethorpes Leisure Centre has a Council pay and display car park where parking regulations have to be followed. You must purchase a valid parking ticket, display it in your car and then claim the cost back from the reception desk.( You may only claim back a maximum of £3.00)
37. Lincs Inspire has an arrangement with the Car Parking section of the council whereby if your Home Club is Cleethorpes Leisure Centre you can purchase a parking permit for £2 which will then expire after a maximum of 6 months.
38. You must apply for a parking permit by filling in an application form at Cleethorpes Leisure Centre only. The renewal dates stickers will be free to renew but it is your responsibility to keep these up to date.
39. If you are on a Family membership or you or your children are on Swimming Lessons you may purchase one extra disc for a further £2.
40. Lincs Inspire will accept no responsibility for the failure of a member, for whatever reason, to comply with this permit parking which result in a penalty notice being issued
41. Full terms and conditions are available on application. Parking regulations can be found on the North East Lincolnshire Council web site www.nelincs.gov.uk .
PERSONAL PROPERTY, INJURY, ILLNESS AND DEATH
42. We will compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer if we fail to carry out our obligations under this agreement or to a reasonable standard or are in breach off duties imposed on us by the law (including if we cause the death or personal injury to you by our negligence) unless the failure is attributable to:
a). Your own fault; or
b). A third party unconnected with our provision of services under this agreement; or
c). Events which neither we nor our suppliers could have reasonably foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
43. We recognise that many people`s circumstance change therefore any Direct Debit memberships can be cancelled at any time
44. In such an event we will require you to sign a cancellation form either in site or online via our website, which needs to be done before 18th of the month to be effective from the 1st of the following month.
45. If you cancel your Direct Debit at your bank your membership will be terminated at the end of that month and you will forfeit your Month in Hand payment.
46. We reserve the right to collect monies outstanding in the event of this agreement not being upheld.
47. If you wish to re-join after cancellation, you will be required to pay all initial payments including the last month up front.
48. All memberships may also be cancelled at any time but there will be no refunds on unused time except under exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Lincs Inspire.
CONTACT DETAILS & MEMBERSHIP ADMINISTRATION
For all membership administration enquiries please contact your Home Club,
Cleethorpes Leisure Centre 01472 323200
Grimsby Leisure Centre Pool 01472 323500
Grimsby Leisure Centre health & Wellbeing 01472 323100
Immingham Swimming Pool 01469 516003
STAYING IN TOUCH
49. If the member is under the age of 16, this section must be completed and signed by the parent or career.
50. From time to time we would like to contact you with information. This could include details on your membership benefits, new activities, special events as well as surveys to get your feedback on how we are doing.
51. If you would like to receive this information from us then please provide us with your details and marketing consent upon sign-up.
52. You can change your mind at any time and inform us of such by using the unsubscribe button which will be included in all our e-mail communication, or by replying STOP to text messages.
53. Alternatively email us at email@example.com
55. If you decide not to opt in to receive news on your membership, offers and events, you may still receive service messages from time to time, i.e. changes to your terms and conditions and unavoidable activity cancellation as per our terms and conditions.