Fitness is for Everyone
For many stepping foot inside a gym, booking a group fitness class or deciding to go for the first swim in many years can be overwhelming. Anxiety is common and can affect anyone.
Here at Lincs Inspire we welcome everyone. If you’re a complete beginner or just haven’t used a gym in many years – we’re here to help and support you, whatever your fitness goal.
Exercise is not only great for your physical health, but research also suggests strong links between regular exercise and improved mental health.
This National Fitness Day we are celebrating some of our members’ achievements to help inspire and motivate, as well as offering some top tips to help you get in a great workout - #JointheMovement!
#FitnessDay is about breaking down the barriers that stop people being active - fitness is for everyone!
Top Tips - Getting Active
Try Group Fitness
Joining a group exercise class is a great way for anyone to start their fitness journey.
Not only will you get fantastic support from our instructors but it’s also great fun.
There’s always great camaraderie in our classes and that really helps members to keep on track and give it their best.
If you want to try out some of our classes before even stepping foot inside our leisure centres, look at our virtual classes available from the App. Try a class from the comfort of your own home. Available to subscription members only.
You could use them as a steppingstone to attend a class in one of our centres - group classes are sociable sessions that promote inclusion and reduce isolation.
Find out more about our group fitness schedule.
Go With A Friend
Team up with a gym buddy for support and motivation! If you find a gym environment intimidating, go with a friend, and encourage each other.
Members at Lincs Inspire are entitled to one free guest pass each month. And if you encourage a new member to join, you’ll get one month free! T&Cs apply.
At Lincs Inspire we have something for everyone, no matter what your fitness ability, age, experience, or interests!
We have a huge variety of classes aimed at beginners, those not used to exercise or those who are more senior in years.
Walking Netball, Beginners Circuits, Wellbeing Yoga to name but a few.
You may even prefer to exercise outside of a gym environment – our sports development team run low impact sessions throughout North East Lincolnshire and include tai chi, new age kurling and even a weekly wellbeing walking group.
Libraries also encourage physical activity. Every Wednesday their Boogie, Books and a Brew class gets you moving to great tunes with a sociable cuppa and chat after.
We pride ourselves on welcoming everyone. As a charitable trust we are committed to our communities and put your health at the heart of our services.
We connect people with each other, offer a safe and welcoming space with a range of activities and professionals on hand.
Our activities and facilities are diverse, mindful, and inclusive of our communities and there is something on offer for everyone. We remove barriers and encourage active involvement.
A focus on some of our services…
- Wellness Hub - A specialist facility at the Health & Wellbeing Centre with power-assisted exercise equipment and a relaxation studio offering a gentle form of exercise and socialising.
- Active Forever – A scheme for people with medical conditions to improve their health and increase levels of physical activity.
- Active Seniors - providing light exercise suited to people aged over 50. Sessions are low intensity and can easily be adapted for different ranges of mobility.
- Disability Sports – weekly inclusive sessions including a popular multi-sports activity every Wednesday
- Group Exercise Classes – over 100 weekly classes across all of our sites including online classes for you to do in your own time.
- A range of gyms including an adapted gym at Grimsby Health and Wellbeing Centre helping those with a disability or impairment to more easily enjoy exercise and fitness.
- Weight Management – combine fitness with some guidance on healthy eating. Join our free 12-week programme designed to support you have a healthier outlook on food.