Smart Energy Project - Cleethorpes Leisure Centre
Smart Energy Greater Lincolnshire funds £700K energy saving project
North East Lincolnshire Council has secured a £700K energy saving grant to reduce the carbon emissions from Cleethorpes Leisure Centre. The works, starting on Monday 11th November, are being managed by Engie.
Whilst some of the works will impact on service operations, many of the works will take place in areas not open to the public. Any disruption and impact to our services will be shared here and we will work with contractors to keep these to a minimum. Many thanks for your understanding and co-operation whilst these improvements are carried out.
Cleethorpes Leisure Centre's swimming pool re-opens on Monday, March 2nd after a period of temporary closure. The timetable will operate as normal and swimming lessons also start back on the same day. Thank you to all of our members for their patience and understanding.
About SMART Energy Works
The energy saving project has secured the funding from Salix and the Smart Energy Greater Lincolnshire programme, which is partly funded by the European regional development fund.
The Smart Energy Greater Lincolnshire programme aims to reduce carbon emissions within businesses and public buildings located in the Greater Lincolnshire area.
Cleethorpes Leisure Centre will benefit from:
- new and improved lighting
- an efficient heating system for the building and the pool area
- a combined heat and power plant that could reduce carbon emissions by up to 30 per cent
- new glazing along the poolside
- a new front entrance
- a new building management system to efficiently manage the building’s daily energy consumption through a number of methods such as improved ventilation, lighting and power systems
More information about Smart Energy Greater Lincolnshire.