Join the Summer Reading Challenge
Calling all children aged 4 to 11!
Join the Silly Squad by signing up for this year’s Summer Reading Challenge - a celebration of funny books, happiness and laughter!
This year the Reading Agency’s scheme is digital and children are encouraged to read six (or more) books before and during the summer holidays.
Along the way they will meet the Silly Squad; a loveable bunch of animals who run a fantastic fun house. With collectable incentives and rewards, each child who completes the challenge will also receive a certificate. There are a few changes to this year’s scheme.
- Usually only books that are borrowed from a Lincs Inspire Library count towards the Challenge however, this year any books count.
- For those who do not have access to books at home, parents can register their children on RB Digital – a free app where they can download and read eBooks, eAudiobooks and eComics. All that is needed is a library card and parents can add a second account to their RB Digital App on the same device. New titles have been added especially for the challenge and recommended by The Reading Agency.
- Parents must also register their children on the Challenge website. Free to access and a place for children to rate and review their books and work towards their reading goal. It will also feature video content, games, quizzes, and digital and downloadable activities to incentivise and encourage children and their families to take part in the Challenge at home.
Some book titles available to download for free from RB Digital:
- Magnificent Mabel and the Rabbit Riot by Ruth Quayle
- Pirate Chicken by Brian Yanish
- Didi Dodo Future Spy by Tom Angleberger
eBooks for older readers
- Barry Loser and the trouble with pets by Jim Smith
- I Swapped My Brother On The Internet by Jo Simmons
- Thimble Wonga Bonkers by Jon Blake
eAudiobooks for younger readers
- Paddington's Finest Hour by Michael Bond and narrated by Stephen Fry
- Recipe for Disaster! By Tom Angleberger and narrated by Mark Turetsky
- The Wrong End of the Stickby Philip Ardagh and narrated by Jilly Bond
eAudiobooks for older readers
- The Ice Monster by David Walliams and narrated by Peter Serafinowicz, Nitin Ganatra, James Goode, Jane Horrocks, David Walliams and Miriam Margolyes
- Sea-ing is Believing! By Steven Butler and narrated by Steven Butler
- Ten Nasty Little Toads by Steve Cole and narrated by Adjoa Andoh