Meet the Area's Best Local Authors
The 2017 Lincs Inspire Local Authors’ Fayre will take place at the Cleethorpes Library's Albert Room on Saturday, October 14, from 10am to 12 noon.
Eleven local authors will be present with copies of their books ready to discuss their work with the public and sell signed copies of their work making this an ideal opportunity to support local writers and do some early Christmas shopping.
Our local authors have achieved some considerable successes and won themselves some excellent reviews.
- Stephen Bloy’s novel Damned without Cause has received five star review on the goodreads and Waterstones’ websites with Miriam Smith writing: ‘I wish I could give this book "Damned Without Cause" by Stephen Bloy SIX stars.’
- Michael Nilsen’s three books Selected Poems, Selected Poems Volume 2, and the adult fantasy novel, Gorky have sold copies in Europe and America and Nilsen has made a number of media appearances discussing his work.
- Lynette Creswell’s short story The Generation Game has been made into a successful film for TV staring actress Julie Peasgood and another of her short stories reached number 4 in the US best sellers’ list.
- Joy Wood’s debut novel For the Love of Emily has received rave reviews on amazon with one writing: ‘the author gets you turning the pages so quickly your fingers will be on fire’ and another saying, ‘it’s got everything, sex, sauciness, love, obsession and lots of surprises.’
- Gordon Wilson is well known locally as a poet and writer on the subjects of our local football and fishing heritages.
- Alistair Wilkinson’s Stella the Zombie Killer has ‘all the action-packed tension that you want from a zombie apocalypse, but Alistair Wilkinson's dystopian future is also original and intriguing, and his characters conflict-ridden and compelling.’
David Power, Principal Arts Officer at Lincs Inspire, said: “As the reviews and testimonials above show, some of our local authors have achieved considerable success and won themselves some excellent reviews. This is your chance to meet these authors, talk to them about their work and support local writers.
“I hope as many people as possible come along to our Local Author Fayre on Saturday 14th October from 10am – 12noon at the Cleethorpes Library Albert Room.”