Libraries & Archives
Lincs Inspire Libraries and Archives welcome primary school visits for children of all ages to learn about our the services we offer. Visits are tailored to the year group and can include elements of the syllabus at that time.
Arrange a class visit to a Lincs Inspire Library and develop your pupils’ joy of books and more. Lincs Inspire Library branches include:
Library visits provide the opportunity for pupils to:
- Discover the library services and the different media available, including board books, touchy-feely books, picture books, fiction stories, non-fiction books.
- Receive a demonstration of our online services,
- Develop research skills and delve into local and family history using the specialist information in Grimsby Local History Library.
- Find information using books and ICT resources.
- Listen to a story and/or poetry reading linked to a topic being studied in school.
- Discover material from the local history collection, we usually have material about the area around or near your school.
- Browse the books, encouraging reading independently and for pleasure.
Visit our Archives
Enjoy a joint library and archive visit. The North East Lincolnshire Archives within Grimsby Town Hall has a large collection of material relating to the history of the area, including:
- School Records
- Building Plans
We can also arrange a visit to your school. Charges may apply.